Old 27-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Janet Galpin

The message
from "Charlie Pridham" contains these words:

"cineman" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
Last year I was too late to sow so bought 6 plants, fruits were large

and
with poor taste, definitely not GD so this year bought seed and raised
some
plants (Unwins I think) and guess what, again large fruits hopefully

they
taste better than last years. Anyone else got these large GD and is

there
any reason for the change?
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.

Could depend what you ae feeding them on

Gardeners delight should be cherry tomatoes.
a lot about growing tomatoes at this site

http://www.gardenaction.co.uk/fruit_...y_1_tomato.asp

I know they are supposed to be cherry toms, that's what I am whingeing
about, they are not (second year running) as for feeding, I don't give them
anything.
I was really trying to discover whether it's a problem others have had or
whether I have been unlucky and got contaminated seed two years running.

--

The Gardeners' Delight I've grown for the last six or seven years have
been very big for cherry tomatoes. They have been much larger than