Old 28-07-2005, 04:51 AM
wendy7

A good tip Gene, but not sure about the tri level plant stand? Could you
post a pic?

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Gene Schurg wrote:
For those of you who put your Cymbidiums (or other plants) outdoors
for the summer, do your plants blow over in thunderstorms?

I have my plants on one of those cheap three level plant stands. The
wire shelves are about 8 inches deep. It provides a nice display of
plants as long as the wind is calm.

This spring I solved my tip over problem....Take an empty plastic
flower pot and run a piece of wire through the drain holes at the
bottom and around the wire shelf. Now take your precious orchid and
sit it in the wired pot. The wind blows and the plant doesn't go
anywhere. You can still move the plants around to grow evenly or to
check for critters.

I've been meaning to post this for some time. Tonight, we had 50 mph
wind preceeding a storm and I just went out and not an orchid on the
ground. I wish I could say the same about the wire trellis with the
cucumbers growing on it.

Good Growing,
Gene