Old 28-07-2005, 04:21 AM
Tom L. La Bron

Dave,

The Shubunkin will get any where from 8 to 12 inches in length. You didn't
comment on the size of your pond, but if you sticklebacks start growing yoiu
are going to over stocked pretty quickly, unless, of course, you have a
20,000 gallon pond.

Tom L.L.
=====================================
"Dave Wheeler" wrote in message
My pond's hitting 1 year old next month and I'm in my first summer of
enjoying all the plants and wildlife that it's attracted. At the moment I
have 5 blue shubunkin, 2 koi, a couple of orfes and about a million
stickleback. I knew the koi would grow but my concern is the shubunkin's
growth, 2 of them have gone from around 4 inches to around 8 inches in
less than 4 months and I was wondering what size they generally get to and
how quickly? I'm already looking at the garden and planning a pond
extension in my head but I would like to get an idea of when to start the
groundwork on my girlfriend.

Thanks for any info.