Old 28-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Mr. Zee

Default 4.7 Watts per Gallon!

Hi Folks:

I just got back into the aquarium hobby after a 15 year vacation. Wow,
the compact flourcent lights that are available are great! (I remember how
hot my tank got with the older lights.) Anyway until yesterday I had a Cora
life 48" strip w/2 65watt bulbs on my 55gal. Plants were doing fine but not
really growing that much. The red ones (not sure which) were only
surviving. I just installed a Coralife quad arrangement: 4 65watt bulbs.
What a difference in light! I'm looking forward to more plant growth I
think. I also have a DIY CO2 generator that bubbles a bit and I use
Sachem's Excel. I just LOVE looking at the plants and the cardinals
moving through them. So pretty!