Old 29-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Gary Woods

Default Mrs. Slocum in bloom

You've been spared my occasional pond ruminations because I went out to
Decorah, Iowa, for the Seed Saver's Exchange convention for a week. When I
left, the new Mrs. Perry D. Slocum lotus had a bud showing a little color,
so I was pretty sure it would be done and gone on my return.
Not....quite.... so: The flower was faded and about to fall apart, but
still there. Picture taken by a friend he

http://home.earthlink.net/~garyusene...7MrsSlocum.JPG

As you can see, there are other buds coming along, and the mystery lotus
from last year has a bud coming up.

Ruminations to follow from time to time.

You have been warned.