Old 29-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Gary Woods

Default Mrs. Slocum in bloom

You've been spared my occasional pond ruminations because I went out to
Decorah, Iowa, for the Seed Saver's Exchange convention for a week. When I
left, the new Mrs. Perry D. Slocum lotus had a bud showing a little color,
so I was pretty sure it would be done and gone on my return.
Not....quite.... so: The flower was faded and about to fall apart, but
still there. Picture taken by a friend he

http://home.earthlink.net/~garyusene...7MrsSlocum.JPG

As you can see, there are other buds coming along, and the mystery lotus
from last year has a bud coming up.

Ruminations to follow from time to time.

You have been warned.

Old 29-07-2005, 02:14 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
You've been spared my occasional pond ruminations because I went out to
Decorah, Iowa, for the Seed Saver's Exchange convention for a week. When
left, the new Mrs. Perry D. Slocum lotus had a bud showing a little color,
so I was pretty sure it would be done and gone on my return.
Not....quite.... so: The flower was faded and about to fall apart, but
still there. Picture taken by a friend he

========================
That's just beautiful! My Lotus is huge and full of leaves but not one
flower! And I'm here in the hot sunny south. :-(
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 29-07-2005, 03:03 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:47:29 GMT, Gary Woods
wrote:

You've been spared my occasional pond ruminations because I went out to
Decorah, Iowa, for the Seed Saver's Exchange convention for a week. When I
left, the new Mrs. Perry D. Slocum lotus had a bud showing a little color,
so I was pretty sure it would be done and gone on my return.
Not....quite.... so: The flower was faded and about to fall apart, but
still there. Picture taken by a friend he

http://home.earthlink.net/~garyusene...7MrsSlocum.JPG

What a lovely surprise to come home to!. Looks absolutely stunning with the
lilies in the background!

I have Momo Botan with 2 buds open and many more coming up. I finally sold
the last 2 pots of this lotus I had for sale ($20/ea). 1 had 5 buds on it!
Will help pay for those filter drum lids I ordered yesterday. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~