Old 29-07-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Compatibility of sprinkler system controllers

Sorry for cross-posting to so many groups. I did a search for
'sprinkler system controller installation' and came up with these
groups.

I had an Irritrol 6-station controller pre-installed when I purchased
my house. During a recent thunderstorm, a big power surge fried the
internal circuitry, so I'm now hunting around for a new controller. I
would like to know if I can buy a different brand. Will the wiring be
the same/compatible among all brands? Also, how easy/difficult is it to
install it by myself?

Thanks in advance,
Swaroop