Old 29-07-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Assorted Pond Plant Questions

1) I bought some FLoating Hearts and there are no traditional roots,
just stems. If I want to plant it so it doesn't float all over the
pond and take over, can I just put the stems in a put? I don't know
what would keep the stems in and not floating away...

2) I also bought some water forget me not; I have the top of the
container even with the water level; will it die over the winter here
(Zone 5) if I leave it there?

3) When growing Lotus from seed, in the initial stages, can I use tap
water or will the chlorine be a problem?

4) At what point do I move the sprouting lotus from the water filled
container to a soil potter submereged in water?

thanks!!