Old 29-07-2005, 03:56 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I'm losing at
least one pad everyday. They turn yellow, then brown, and then to mush.
I have been clipping them and pulling them out of the pond when they
die. On all the dead ones I notice a greanish blackish film on the
underside of the lilly pads.

Perfectly normal. Don't let the pads get to the yellow to mush state. I
pinch off my pads as soon as they start to yellow. Yellowing attracts
aphids. I have 12 lilies, if I were to only pinch off pads an blooms
once/week I'd have a huge stack of discarded pads. As is, I prune at least
every other day and remove 6-12 pads each time. This invigorates the lily
to produce more. Not to mention make the whole pond look healthier. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a