Old 25-11-2002, 02:41 PM
Rufus

Default Leaf mould

Hi,

Unable to find room in my small garden for a compost bin, last Autumn I
collected and bagged all the fallen leaves hoping to end up with a good
supply of leaf mould. When I opened the first two bags in October of this
year, all I found was a muddy mess. When I first bagged the leaves I
followed instructions found in a gardening magazine, used large plastic
bags, pressed the leaves firmly into the bags, pierced holes around the
sides and tied the tops. This year I have once again collected three large
bags of leaves hoping to have more success. Where did I go wrong last year?
Any leaf composting advice would be most welcome.

Thank you in advance,
Rufus.