Old 30-07-2005, 01:26 AM
Susan Erickson

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:11:52 +0000 (UTC),
(Dave Sheehy) wrote:

Susan Erickson ) wrote:
: For me - if the leaves are not 'rich' green - turn the slightest
: bit light - it is too much. Let us know what you find.

What happens to the plant if the leaves 'turn the slightest bit light'?
Does the plant fail to thrive or just not bloom? I ask because the newer
leaves on my Eliz. Ann are a lighter shade of green than the older leaves.
I've always wondered if that was good, bad, or neutral. Since my plant has
apparently been growing well I haven't worried about it too much.

Dave

It is a sign the plant is getting too much light for the amount
of nutrition it is receiving. Generally Catts, Onc, Brassias - I
don't mind. They bloom and often bloom well. I consider it
'growing them hard' since we fertilize fairly heavily.

But Bulbo's that have done this have not bloomed for me. Or have
bloomed poorly. So the Bulbo's I move to a shadier location.
SuE