Old 30-07-2005, 12:06 AM
Mike Lyle

shazzbat wrote:
"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
shazzbat wrote:
[...]
When I was stationed near Osnabruck in northern Germany in the

70s,
there were a couple of roads near us where the cherries were

there
and everyone helped themselves to them. We first discovered them
when we came round a bend in the road, and several cars were

parked
under the trees with people standing on the car roofs picking

the
cherries. We joined them, natch. I almost felt sorry for the

people
with the newish car who didn't want to spoil it by standing on

the
roof.

Almost :-))

Steve

So what's wrong with German blackbirds, then?

--

Errr, nothing as far as I know.

(shrugs)

So why don't they eat all the cherries before people can get their
hands on them? That's what upstanding British birds (cue patriotic
music) do.

--
Mike.