Old 30-07-2005, 04:29 AM
Mick Fournier

Sandra,

The violacea breaks into 3 groupings" bellina, murtoniana and bowringiana.
Bellina is the type we all think of when we think of violaceas generally (ie
Borneo form). Murtoniana has the exaggerated long lateral sepals and the
bowringiana is most easily identifiable when we see petals and sepals very
nearly all the same length and the flower has a much "rounder" look to it.

Albas may show up 1 in a swarm of 1000, bowringianas may comprise 10% of all
violaceas... but that is just my opinion/guess. I don't have any scientific
proof on those numbers, but I am sure some anal retentive numbers
statistician will write here with his facts/findings in a few more minutes.

In my life I have only seen three violacea alba bowringianas... and I
crossed two of the three.

Mick

"sandra" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mick your Phals are gorgeous,
I've been looking at some flasking sights including yours, and I've
never come across
Phalaenopsis var bowringiana alba (Misty x alba).
Is it a rarer variety, or is just violacea var alba?

Ray, I also wanted to know, your domes, they don't appear to have some
kind of open or closable vents, could I just leave the domes off the
trays for about an hour a day, to accustom the seedlings to a lower
humidity?
What about ideas for Air circulation?
Thanks
-Sandra