Old 25-11-2002, 10:22 PM
Rod

Default Slugs and potatoes?

"Larry Stoter" wrote in message
.uk...
Last year, having acquired a much larger garden, we bought a potato
"variety pack" - about 10 different varities. Fascinating to compare how
they developed, resistance to pests, disease, drought, etc, taste and
productivity. A couple of varieties were badly damaged by slugs whereas
others were completely unscathed.

Taste also varied enormously - some simply wonderful and others almost
tasteless.

Unfortunately, names were written on tags with non-indelible marker -
so, we must repeat experiment again this year!
--

Yes I've frequently come unstuck with labelling such trials. Another piece
of bad news is that various qualities of spuds are not consistent from year

Rod