Old 30-07-2005, 09:53 PM
V_coerulea

Most flasks I get I pot into 4" pots for compots. A flask may take more than
1 pot. After I spray the new compot with Dithane, I place it on a clean
saucer from a 8-10" hanging basket and cover it with a 5" clear pot (also
available from Ray). This keeps the humidity level up while allowing some
air circulation and the escape of excess heat. If more shade is needed, I
invert another saucer on top of the clear pot (which is probably a good idea
for the first few days anyway, especially if you're in a greenhouse). Remove
the top saucer after a few days. After a week, remove the clear pot for a
few hours a day and increase the time gradually depending on the ambient
humidity. These mini-greenhouses are very convenient, take up little space
and are very configurable for each species. Good luck with the phals.
Gary
"sandra" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Everyone,
I'm thinking about purchasing a phalaenopsis violacea var alba flask,
but I just want to know what kind of after care the compot might need
humidity, light, nut, ect.
I know how to get them out of the jar and sterilize them, but not after
care.
Are there any kind of flats I can buy with domes that can slowly expose
them to 70 percent humidity, what kind of light and temps do they need
as well?
Thanks
Sandra