Old 31-07-2005, 04:22 PM
nojunk@this_address.com (Mike Pearson

Susan Erickson wrote:

We have started a discussion in ABPO and Diana asked that it be
moved. - So I will try to summarize the packages talked about.
Adobe Photoshop Elements - the little brother of Adobe Photoshop.
Works great - not cheap.

Picture Easy came with a Kodak camera and was EASY - worked well.

www.irfanview.com IrfanView wonderful and Free. Joan F
recommends it as well as Photoimpact. Photoimpact - no price
mentioned - does more complicated editing.

Wendy also voted for IrfanView. But Loves PhotoCleaner @ $12.95
to remove noise, add frames and signatures.

Danny got PhotoImpression software with his camera (which one?)
Likes it.

Picasa is a nice freeware photo editor that was acquired by
Google: http://picasa.google.com/ From John DeGood.
SuE

I use a combination of Photoshop Elements and iPhoto, which is a part of
the iLife package from Apple. Between the two I can do pretty much what
I need to. Both are very easy to use. Elements cost something like
$80, iPhoto came bundled with the new Mac. With iPhoto, the application
saves the original image befoe you start any work, so, even through
multiple edit sessions, you can always revert to the original image.

--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ BEMRC - NAR Section #627