Old 31-07-2005, 03:29 PM
RichToyBox

Koi are sometimes upset when they go into a new pond and will try to leave.
Netting thee pond for a few days is a good idea. The water they came from
could be significantly different from your water, different pH, etc. Be
sure to test the water and make certain that it is not irritating the koi.
pH changes from morning to evening will upset the fish. Ammonia will burn
the skin. If ammonia is zero and pH is stable, they should settle down in a
day or two.
--
RichToyBox

"Cheryl and Rob" wrote in message
Just added 2 of these suckers in my pond and I think they are trying to
escape.....is this normal? They are jumping at the edges as if they are
trying to bust out of the place. Should I invest in a net??