Old 26-11-2002, 10:04 PM
Paul Mc Cann

Default Slugs and potatoes?

On 26 Nov 2002 20:20:04 GMT, (DaveDay34) wrote:

The potatoes I dug up this year were badly damaged by slugs,
how can I reduce, or stop that damage in the future?

Alan

Grow the potatoes in barrels, or some similar container(s) and protect the
container(s) from the slug attacks. If you need further info just ask, but
this method has the advantages of being easy to earth up, having larger
pest/disease-free crops and easier, more efficient harvesting. If you need
reasons why I'd be happy to explain, but trust me and it will give you better
results.

Dave.

But what to do if you get wire worm ? We usually plant out at least a
stone of seed potatoes and I can't envisage that fitting in barrels
;-)

Paul Mc Cann