Old 01-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Harry

"Tickettyboo" wrote in message
Would like to know please, what is the minimum depth of container to grow
a clematis in? I have seen ones labelled 'suitable for containers' on the
web, but they forgot to say what dimensions the container should be. I
assume its important, but also assume that people are expected to know
this sort of stuff. Unfortunately , I don't :-)

--
Ticketty᧧

Hi Boo,

You get yourself about a bit, all I can say is that I have my clematis in
15" by 10" deep pots for the last five years, without any problems.
If you don't know much about clematis you always plant them a little deeper
than normal, and put some small stones round the base of the plant.( it
stops the baddies getting at the root ball)

Harry