Old 01-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Reel Mckoi

"burky" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a koi with sore on its side, behind gill. Its approx. 6-7 inches
long. Could this be some kind of parasite & what would be a good
treatment. Could e-mail picture.

This sounds like ulcer disease. Check out www.koivet.com for information on
bacterial diseases. Lymno-Zyme can cure it and prevent it from appearing
again. I though this was baloney until I saw it work with my own eyes. I
never touched the fish and the ulcer healed in no time. I now use this
product every year and haven't seen an ulcer, even after spawning when they
usually injure themselves in their breeding frenzy.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b