Old 01-08-2005, 05:22 PM
burky

Default Koi with sore.......

I have a koi with sore on its side, behind gill. Its approx. 6-7 inches
long. Could this be some kind of parasite & what would be a good
treatment. Could e-mail picture.

Old 01-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Reel Mckoi

"burky" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a koi with sore on its side, behind gill. Its approx. 6-7 inches
long. Could this be some kind of parasite & what would be a good
treatment. Could e-mail picture.

========================
This sounds like ulcer disease. Check out www.koivet.com for information on
bacterial diseases. Lymno-Zyme can cure it and prevent it from appearing
again. I though this was baloney until I saw it work with my own eyes. I
never touched the fish and the ulcer healed in no time. I now use this
product every year and haven't seen an ulcer, even after spawning when they
usually injure themselves in their breeding frenzy.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 02-08-2005, 04:58 AM
burky

Thanks for your response. When I said it was 6-7 inches, I meant fish
is not the sore. I been researching ulcers some today & it sounds like
it. So I'm going to try the Lymnozyme.
Thanks
Burky

24" imported Koi on sale at Mystik Koi southern California Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 1 16-04-2005 07:32 AM
Large Red sore on Koi RED1102 Ponds 3 22-07-2004 11:02 PM
beautiful baby koi.... on catfishfood - some koi/gf mix ~ Windsong ~ Ponds 9 15-11-2003 08:12 PM
How many koi is too many koi Carl Beyer Ponds 16 17-08-2003 12:04 AM
koi and plants? depends on the pond size.... and the koi's diet... adavisus Ponds 3 07-08-2003 08:22 AM