Old 02-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Could they have been comet goldfish? Ours are about that size and shape.

Jim

Craig Davis wrote:
Year ago I purchased a house that had a 60 gallon outdoor pond at the entry.
The pond had seven gold and white fish with bodies from 2" to 5" long. The
very distinctive feature about these fish were their tails. The tails were
at little longer than their bodies and very sheer. They were well adapted
to pond life. I gradually lost the them to neighborhood cats. The largest
one lived seven years after I bought the house. I found him struggling in
the water with a slash down his side as I had one or two others. I have
tried to find them in a variety of pet stores and tropical fish places to on
avail. Can anybody help me identify these fish?