Old 27-11-2002, 07:01 PM
Paul Mc Cann

Default Slugs and potatoes?

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:17:23 -0000, "Rod"
wrote:

"Paul Mc Cann" wrote in message
.. .
But what to do if you get wire worm ? We usually plant out at least a
stone of seed potatoes and I can't envisage that fitting in barrels
;-)

Wireworm is not usually a permanent problem. Attack can be quite severe in a
new plot of freshly broken grassland but not in a plot which has been
cultivated for some years.

Rod

I'm afraid we are the opposite of that. We have been growing
vegetables on this plot for nigh on 10 years. Strange to relate but
last year it was left fallow as we had a lot of work to do on the
decorative side of the garden.

My understanding is that it is not a simple thing to cure, if it can
be cured at all that is.

Paul Mc Cann