Old 27-11-2002, 11:41 PM
Peter

Default Slugs and potatoes?

Wireworm is not usually a permanent problem. Attack can be quite severe
in a
new plot of freshly broken grassland but not in a plot which has been
cultivated for some years.

Rod

I'm afraid we are the opposite of that. We have been growing
vegetables on this plot for nigh on 10 years. Strange to relate but
last year it was left fallow as we had a lot of work to do on the
decorative side of the garden.

My understanding is that it is not a simple thing to cure, if it can
be cured at all that is.

Paul Mc Cann

When I was a kid we had a lot of wireworm, my Mom grew mustard and then dug
it into the soil. That was the end of the wireworm! She read it somewhere
and it worked, you might want to try it.

Peter

---