Old 03-08-2005, 03:51 PM
overhere

What part of town? I saw my first ones in about 30 years a couple months ago in
78745, a male/female pair flitting about a brush pile in the backyard (hey it's
south Austin!) I hope to see them more often.

Michael Putrino wrote:

I forgot to post this when it occurred (about 2 weeks ago). My family and I
spotted 2 Painted buntings in my back yard (both males). One was at the very
back, inside a hedge (at the edge of it) and the other flew up to a
blue-point juniper right next to my kitchen window, but stayed only briefly.
As it flew away, I thought I saw a third fly with it, but it was so brief, I
wasn't sure it was a bunting. The one in the hedge stayed for quite a time.

Beautiful birds...

Mike