Old 01-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Michael Putrino

Default Painted Bunting

I forgot to post this when it occurred (about 2 weeks ago). My family and I
spotted 2 Painted buntings in my back yard (both males). One was at the very
back, inside a hedge (at the edge of it) and the other flew up to a
blue-point juniper right next to my kitchen window, but stayed only briefly.
As it flew away, I thought I saw a third fly with it, but it was so brief, I
wasn't sure it was a bunting. The one in the hedge stayed for quite a time.

Beautiful birds...

Mike

Old 02-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Bourne Identity

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 13:04:01 -0500, "Michael Putrino"
wrote:

I forgot to post this when it occurred (about 2 weeks ago). My family and I
spotted 2 Painted buntings in my back yard (both males). One was at the very
back, inside a hedge (at the edge of it) and the other flew up to a
blue-point juniper right next to my kitchen window, but stayed only briefly.
As it flew away, I thought I saw a third fly with it, but it was so brief, I
wasn't sure it was a bunting. The one in the hedge stayed for quite a time.

Beautiful birds...

Mike

My heart beats! Fantastic.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:51 PM
overhere

What part of town? I saw my first ones in about 30 years a couple months ago in
78745, a male/female pair flitting about a brush pile in the backyard (hey it's
south Austin!) I hope to see them more often.

Old 09-08-2005, 08:23 PM
John

"Michael Putrino" wrote in message
I forgot to post this when it occurred (about 2 weeks ago). My family and I
spotted 2 Painted buntings in my back yard (both males). One was at the
very back, inside a hedge (at the edge of it) and the other flew up to a
blue-point juniper right next to my kitchen window, but stayed only
briefly. As it flew away, I thought I saw a third fly with it, but it was
so brief, I wasn't sure it was a bunting. The one in the hedge stayed for
quite a time.

Beautiful birds...

Mike

We have what we think a couple of families of Painted Buntings out at our
place. There are at least two at a time several times a day on our feeders.
We have seen several combos of males and females..Awsome birds..We are in
Bastrop county in "The Colony" which is about 16 miles east of the airport
off of hwy 71 just West of Bastrop..I have read they like to stay under
cover but they seem to be pretty comfortable on our feeders..First time I
saw one I had a fit..Never seen so many colors on a non tropical bird...

John

Old 09-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Michael Putrino

"Michael Putrino" wrote in message
I forgot to post this when it occurred (about 2 weeks ago). My family and I
spotted 2 Painted buntings in my back yard (both males). One was at the
very back, inside a hedge (at the edge of it) and the other flew up to a
blue-point juniper right next to my kitchen window, but stayed only
briefly. As it flew away, I thought I saw a third fly with it, but it was
so brief, I wasn't sure it was a bunting. The one in the hedge stayed for
quite a time.

Beautiful birds...

Mike

By the way, once in a while I also see robins (I saw one just yesterday) in
my back yard hopping on the grass. I thought these just pass through on
their way north or south, depending on whether it's Spring or Fall... I
didn't think I owuld see one in the middle of Summer.

Mike

Old 18-08-2005, 03:27 AM
Jim Marrs

We had a couple of painted buntings in our back yard. They were enjoying the
seeds on serveral large weeds I have not removed. We live in Southwest
Round Rock.

JEM

"Michael Putrino" wrote in message
I forgot to post this when it occurred (about 2 weeks ago). My family and I
spotted 2 Painted buntings in my back yard (both males). One was at the
very back, inside a hedge (at the edge of it) and the other flew up to a
blue-point juniper right next to my kitchen window, but stayed only
briefly. As it flew away, I thought I saw a third fly with it, but it was
so brief, I wasn't sure it was a bunting. The one in the hedge stayed for
quite a time.

Beautiful birds...

Mike

Two Acre Wood (Grosbeaks and Indigo Bunting) Patty Peeples Garden Photos 2 03-05-2007 03:27 PM
OT- Painted Bunting hayduke Texas 2 29-04-2005 03:40 AM
YOUR FLOWERS PAINTED ON CANVAS ITER Australia 0 14-04-2003 10:32 PM
OT - Painted Terracotta Sealer? Willow Australia 4 05-04-2003 06:37 AM
OT - Painted Terracotta Sealer? Willow Australia 2 10-03-2003 11:44 AM