Old 28-11-2002, 09:35 PM
Kay Easton

Default Its cold up north, erm well is it?

In article , Amber
writes
This is a silly question I know but how cold is it up north (Manchester or
Leeds as max northwards)
I am from Blackpool and unied in York and then moved to London. I have only
gardened in London, but on journeys to Bolton (housemates parents) it seems
colder than I remember, also they don't seem to be able to grow morning
glories and in my garden (also south) they bloom so well this year I didn't
even have to put down seeds.
So garden wise what I expect? More rain, earlier frost? Is it a big
difference?

Leeds:

No morning glories!
Earliest frost, first week of Oct, latest frost, first week of June.

I used to garden in Sevenoaks in Kent - compared to there, I'd say we
have more rain, more rain in summer (I don't have to water anything
except containers), cooler summers, warmer winters, and more fertile
soil.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: