Old 04-08-2005, 02:26 AM
Ray

35°C is certainly not too high for phals, and the heat generated by a
fluorescent fixture is probably not a significant factor. Air movement -
even warm air movement - is a plus, as is early-in-the-day misting.

I have heard of folks putting a tray of ice in front of the fan, but I
cannot estimate how effective that might be.

"PhalGuy" wrote in message
news:1123115420.b8bbe6c68ec0a25fadd5022f5b23d7d6@t eranews...
Hello everyone!

We are having an exceptional summer here in montreal but we also having
heat
wave.
I`m growing under fluorescent and sometimes, the temperature is over 35 C.
have a fan in front of the phal but it only pushes hot air. I was
wondering
what would be the best solution to cool down my plants ! I was thinking
closing the fluorescent light ! Is a couple of days without bright light
would be ok ? Is this a good idea!

I already lost some plants because of a nasty heat wave in july and I want
to stop this!

Any idea?

--
Claude