Old 04-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Marty Haber

Ethan - I have two thoughts for you:
1. If this pine has been indoors in a furniture store for any length of
time, it is probably dead, or close to it.
2. Grafting on pines is one of the more exotic procedures in horticulture.
It can be done, but only by experts. The usual equipment includes a room in
which the humidity is kept very high and the temperature can be carefully
monitored. I only know of a handful of people who have been successful at
it - and half of this group are deceased.