Old 04-08-2005, 02:48 PM
dusty

"PhalGuy" wrote in
news:1123115420.b8bbe6c68ec0a25fadd5022f5b23d7d6@t eranews:

Hello everyone!

We are having an exceptional summer here in montreal but we also
having heat wave.
I`m growing under fluorescent and sometimes, the temperature is over
35 C. I have a fan in front of the phal but it only pushes hot air. I
was wondering what would be the best solution to cool down my plants !
I was thinking closing the fluorescent light ! Is a couple of days
without bright light would be ok ? Is this a good idea!

I already lost some plants because of a nasty heat wave in july and I
want to stop this!

Any idea?

I have a few phals in my greenhouse and last week it was 40 C to 42 C in
there and it hasn't bothered them but I do have fans running any time the
temp goes above 23 C I do water more often but that doesn't help to cool
things down as our cold water is now running 24 to 26 C

can't wait for the promised cool down.
Grow well and bloom magnificently
dusty