Old 04-08-2005, 09:28 AM
H Ryder

Default carbon steel heads

Am in the process of replacing some of my tools and wanted to buy decent
ones this time. I'm confused about teh kinds of head. What is the difference
between carbon steel and stainless steel (other than colour - am I correct
in thinking that carbon steel is grey whilst stainless is shiny?). Can both
be sharpened easily? I'm about to buy a Dutch hoe so want something that I
can sharpen. Has anyone any experience of the S&J heritage range? I'm
looking at that one at the moment as I have one of their border forks and
really like using it but more for the look and feel of the handle than the
make of the tines. TIA,
Hayley