Old 04-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:25:50 GMT, "les"
wrote:

I have just followed the advice of a previous poster and poured some diluted
clove oil in between the paving on my patio. It certainly had the desired
effect and hundreds of ants struggled to the surface.

My question is, what effect does clove oil have on the roots of plants or on
lawns? Am I able to sprinkle a diluted solution directly onto the soil or
grass?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Now that's an interesting experiment, but in that situation I would
have used boiling water. Where plant roots are concerned I would not
be so happy using it without further info!

Pam in Bristol