Old 04-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Mike Lyle

Tickettyboo wrote:
In ,
les whispered softly in my ear...:
I have just followed the advice of a previous poster and poured

some
diluted clove oil in between the paving on my patio. It certainly

had
the desired effect and hundreds of ants struggled to the surface.

Lurking..and wondering what happens when they all come to the

surface?
Do they die..or just leg it to an area that doesn't have clove oil

and
settle down to set up home again?

Seems a strange idea to me. I'd stick with something the ants will
take into the nest: back to borax, either as Nippon liquid, or in the
home-made version somebody mentioned upthread.

--
Mike.