Old 04-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Mike Lyle

michael adams wrote:
[...]
That's correct. The rootstock doesn't make any genetic input
to the fruit. Because the fruiting system is already in place.

While conversly the fruiting scion above the graft doesn't make any
genetic input to root developement which governs the size of the
tree. Because that system is again, already in place.

However if a cutting is rooted from the fruiting scion from

anywhere
above the graft, this will then assume the rooting charactersitics

of
the original parent, however many generations back that was i.e the
scion could have been propogated on a series of differnt rootstocks
in the interim. Whatever those characteristics were. Because

there's
now no rooting system already in place.

Oops! I misunderstood: sorry. My mind was stuck on the question about
seeds, and I read too hastily.

--
Mike.