Old 05-08-2005, 02:13 AM
RichToyBox

Looking at the picture, I would euthanize that fish. It is very severely
bacterially infected and would require injectable antibiotics to keep it
from dying within a few weeks anyhow, and even if you could stop the
infection, the scar tissue would be ugly. The tail would never grow back,
as badly eroded as it is. Sorry.

You would not want the fish to die in the pond and have the other fish
consume it and spread the disease. Keep an eye on the other fish.
--
RichToyBox

wrote in message
I've only just noticed this fish swimming oddly and hiding in amongst
the shallows.

On closer inspection the lower half of the tailfin is missing I
searched around and think it may be Fin rot.

http://www.landshapes.btinternet.co....804-175907.jpg

Do you think it is worth treating or would euthanasia be the kindest
solution.

If it is treatable what would you recommend?

the fish was bought along with two others about 12weeks ago and is
3-4inches long the others seem fine.

thanks

Bob