Old 29-11-2002, 08:18 PM
HaaRoy

Default Cardamoms anyone? (Was Oxalis Tuberosa)

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:28:19 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

"A.Malhotra" wrote in
:
Victoria Clare wrote:

And can you actually grow cardamoms from, well, cardamoms from a
spice pot, or do you need special seed as per the catalogue? I am a
big cardamom fan, so if the leaves smell like the seeds, I shall soon
be acquiring a new house plant one way or the other. . .

i took some cardomoms with me to thailand and planted them in a garden
in what i thought would be ideal conditions but nothing.
plenty hot and humid too.
strange that the local thais had never seen them before.
i dont want to even contemplate growing curry leaves..