Old 05-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Cichlidiot

Gary Woods wrote:
Yesterday, I found a couple of teenagers I didn't know fishing from my
paddleboat in my pond. Politely told them I liked to know who was using my
pond, and that I didn't know them. They took the hint and left.
Today, I find the same two teens swimming, but with their mother
supervising from the shore.

Self: Who are you?
Er... we're from down the steet. Is this your pond?
Yes. It's kind of my back yard, you see...
Oh. Well, do you mind?
Would you like it if I settled down in your back yard and had a picnic?
Oh, well we'll leave. Sorry.

Guess I gotta buy some signs and nail them up. Dang.

Sounds like it's time for some "Private Property, No Trespassing" signs to
be put up around the pond and perhaps elsewhere along the property line.
Make sure all approaches to the pond have a sign clearly visible, don't
just put one up on the dock or they could claim to have come another
direction and not have seen the sign. This wording delineates property
lines without implying any sort of known risks around the pond or other
parts of the property. That way, you won't be open to any sort of lawsuits
along the lines of "You had a 'beware of dog' sign and it bit that person
so they're suing you because you knew the dog was dangerous" that might
occur with other wordings. Plus, this phrase is pretty common so you
should be able to buy however many weather resistant premade signs you
need at several stores or online.