Old 04-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Gary Woods

Default Bizarre Experience

Yesterday, I found a couple of teenagers I didn't know fishing from my
paddleboat in my pond. Politely told them I liked to know who was using my
pond, and that I didn't know them. They took the hint and left.
Today, I find the same two teens swimming, but with their mother
supervising from the shore.

Self: Who are you?
Er... we're from down the steet. Is this your pond?
Yes. It's kind of my back yard, you see...
Oh. Well, do you mind?
Would you like it if I settled down in your back yard and had a picnic?
Oh, well we'll leave. Sorry.

Guess I gotta buy some signs and nail them up. Dang.

Old 04-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Gareee©

"Gary Woods" wrote in message

Guess I gotta buy some signs and nail them up. Dang.

Sounds like a good time to drag out the "Warning flesh eating Bacteria"
signs..

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Remove Delicious spam to reply

Old 04-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Larry

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:55:50 GMT, Gary Woods
wrote:

Yesterday, I found a couple of teenagers I didn't know fishing from my
paddleboat in my pond. Politely told them I liked to know who was using my
pond, and that I didn't know them. They took the hint and left.
Today, I find the same two teens swimming, but with their mother
supervising from the shore.

Self: Who are you?
Er... we're from down the steet. Is this your pond?
Yes. It's kind of my back yard, you see...
Oh. Well, do you mind?
Would you like it if I settled down in your back yard and had a picnic?
Oh, well we'll leave. Sorry.

Guess I gotta buy some signs and nail them up. Dang.

Charge em $5 a head and see if they go for it.

Larry

Old 04-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
Yesterday, I found a couple of teenagers I didn't know fishing from my
paddleboat in my pond. Politely told them I liked to know who was using
my
pond, and that I didn't know them. They took the hint and left.
Today, I find the same two teens swimming, but with their mother
supervising from the shore.

=======================
Good fences make good neighbors. When people started moving in around me the
first thing I did was buy field fence and have a man put it up on the
property line. :-) Even though most people or teens could probably climb
over it, none ever have....
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 04-08-2005, 11:17 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:55:50 GMT, Gary Woods wrote:

Self: Who are you?
Er... we're from down the steet. Is this your pond?
Yes. It's kind of my back yard, you see...
Oh. Well, do you mind?

As in, do I mind if something happens and I'm libel, hell yes!

Would you like it if I settled down in your back yard and had a picnic?
Oh, well we'll leave. Sorry.

I'm thinking, "Beware Attack Koi" ? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 04-08-2005, 11:45 PM
kathy

piranhas and
alligators and
giant snapping turtles
and raw sewage
and west nile
and the loch ness monster!

On the other hand, do you need work done around the pond
and yard. Pay them in pond swimming time.

k :-)

Old 05-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Gary Woods

Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:

How big is your pond?

2/3 acre, grass mowed for a goodly distance around it, gazebo, dock,
paddleboat. It just blows my mind that somebody could wander in off the
road and think it was theirs to use.
They also left several bits of litter behind. I'm not shocked...

Old 05-08-2005, 01:21 AM
Derek Broughton

Reel Mckoi wrote:

Good fences make good neighbors. When people started moving in around me
the first thing I did was buy field fence and have a man put it up on the
property line. :-) Even though most people or teens could probably
climb over it, none ever have....

Very true. My property isn't fenced (yet - and when we do have a fence
shortly, it will be well inside the property line: just to confine the one
dog who doesn't understand "come") but if we actually had neighbors, it
certainly would be. My closest neighbor always has people trotting all
over his property come fishing season. Most people will respect your
boundaries if they know where they are (and they don't feel they have a
traditional right-of-way).
--
derek
Old 05-08-2005, 03:11 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Wild! Nice of you to provide a pond for the public.

I grew up in Syracuse.

Jim

Old 05-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Cichlidiot

Gary Woods wrote:
Yesterday, I found a couple of teenagers I didn't know fishing from my
paddleboat in my pond. Politely told them I liked to know who was using my
pond, and that I didn't know them. They took the hint and left.
Today, I find the same two teens swimming, but with their mother
supervising from the shore.

Self: Who are you?
Er... we're from down the steet. Is this your pond?
Yes. It's kind of my back yard, you see...
Oh. Well, do you mind?
Would you like it if I settled down in your back yard and had a picnic?
Oh, well we'll leave. Sorry.

Guess I gotta buy some signs and nail them up. Dang.

Sounds like it's time for some "Private Property, No Trespassing" signs to
be put up around the pond and perhaps elsewhere along the property line.
Make sure all approaches to the pond have a sign clearly visible, don't
just put one up on the dock or they could claim to have come another
direction and not have seen the sign. This wording delineates property
lines without implying any sort of known risks around the pond or other
parts of the property. That way, you won't be open to any sort of lawsuits
along the lines of "You had a 'beware of dog' sign and it bit that person
so they're suing you because you knew the dog was dangerous" that might
occur with other wordings. Plus, this phrase is pretty common so you
should be able to buy however many weather resistant premade signs you
need at several stores or online.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Derek Broughton

Cichlidiot wrote:

Gary Woods wrote:

Guess I gotta buy some signs and nail them up. Dang.

Sounds like it's time for some "Private Property, No Trespassing" signs to
be put up around the pond and perhaps elsewhere along the property line.

This wording delineates property
lines without implying any sort of known risks around the pond or other
parts of the property.

Not to mention that various jurisdictions have specific wording requirements
that would make a sign that said, e.g., "Keep Out" legally useless. I
always laughed driving through Michigan or Ohio (can't remember which) at
all the signs on which you could only read the word "Posted" from the
highway. That, however, would seem to be mandatory on a "No trespassing"
sign, there.
--
derek
Old 05-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Aly Aly is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Woods
Yesterday, I found a couple of teenagers I didn't know fishing from my
paddleboat in my pond. Politely told them I liked to know who was using my
pond, and that I didn't know them. They took the hint and left.
Today, I find the same two teens swimming, but with their mother
supervising from the shore.

Self: Who are you?
Er... we're from down the steet. Is this your pond?
Yes. It's kind of my back yard, you see...
Oh. Well, do you mind?
Would you like it if I settled down in your back yard and had a picnic?
Oh, well we'll leave. Sorry.

Guess I gotta buy some signs and nail them up. Dang.

How cheeky of them (although, I must admit, it did make me laugh).
Old 05-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Wilmdale

Gary Woods wrote:

Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:

How big is your pond?

2/3 acre, grass mowed for a goodly distance around it, gazebo, dock,
paddleboat. It just blows my mind that somebody could wander in off the
road and think it was theirs to use.
They also left several bits of litter behind. I'm not shocked...

Amazing. .......... simply amazing! I wonder from whence they came?

Old 06-08-2005, 03:54 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:

How big is your pond?

2/3 acre, grass mowed for a goodly distance around it, gazebo, dock,
paddleboat. It just blows my mind that somebody could wander in off the
road and think it was theirs to use.
They also left several bits of litter behind. I'm not shocked...

=============================
Perhaps they thought it was a small public park.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

bizarre experience last night Susan H. Simko Ponds 16 07-09-2004 04:06 PM
bizarre experience last night Susan H. Simko Ponds 0 27-08-2004 03:41 PM
OT - bizarre deer behavior Laura Van Sant North Carolina 6 17-07-2003 02:02 PM
Really bizarre dave weil Roses 8 06-06-2003 06:08 PM
BIZARRE - RED CRYPT MELTED over night after two years of growth Beruka Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 11-05-2003 10:45 PM