Old 05-08-2005, 04:25 AM
Hazel

H Ryder wrote:
I've got lots of dark green, wild, common ivy in the garden. I
sprayed it all well with ivy killer a couple of weeks back but
nothing seems to have happened. Any suggestions? TIA
Hayley

It's a bit hard to weedkill it, as the leaves are water-resistant.
But it isn't very hard to pull it up thoroughly, though it'll take a
few attempts to get rid of the lot. I'd do it by hand: it's easier
and less dangerous to your health. If you've got thick trunks hugging
a wall, cut through them as low down as possible: you can paint the
cut ends with SBK if you like, but I'd prefer to hoick them out if
possible.

--
Mike.

If you do spray them or paint the leaves with SBK or any other weedkiller,
mix Engine Oil with the mixture as this helps the liquid to stick to the
leaves. This is always advisable on a systemic killer.

Mike
The other one

I sprayed an ivy today, I used the oil tip, but used cooking oil, then shook
up the mixture to produce an emulsion.

Hazel