Old 05-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Roy

You really need to shove that lymnozyme as it sure is not the cure all
you profess it to be.......

I agree with RTB and JJ......Sometimes you have to draw the line as to
treatments beinbg worth it or not, and the valuse of the fish and
consequences it can have along with other fish.

At the least, it needs to be separated from the others. Then treat
with a course of meds that you have available. Which brings up more
problems in respect to what is readily available in the USA as
compared to Canada, and the UK......Seems there is quite a bit of
difference between the USA and UK meds that are readily available, but
I would look for an antibiotic, but from your pic that fish would
definately be better off put down.

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 16:44:26 -0500, "Reel Mckoi"
wrote:

===
wrote in message
===news:49n4f1hs5pvqhafaugavtg52ivcb7jb7ro@4ax. com...
=== I've only just noticed this fish swimming oddly and hiding in amongst
=== the shallows.
===
=== On closer inspection the lower half of the tailfin is missing I
=== searched around and think it may be Fin rot.
===
=== http://www.landshapes.btinternet.co....804-175907.jpg
===It sure looks like some kind of infection. Lymnozyme to the rescue!

"The original frugal ponder"