Old 05-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from alison weekes contains
these words:

My fatsia japonica has black spots on leaves. (sure it is leaf spot)
According to books spray with fungicide. So many different types of
leaf spot. Not sure what to spray with. Books say fungicides
containing carbendazim and mancozeb can be used to control certain leaf
spots, but unsire if sprays containing these ingredients will be any
good on fatsia. Any Ideas?

Fatsia leaves are so waxy and water repellent, I doubt if fungicides
would penetrate. I just snap off any spoiled leaves (where they join the
trunk), which encourages the plant to make more new ones.

Janet.