Old 04-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Aly Aly is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Unhappy Fatsia japonica

My fatsia japonica has black spots on leaves. (sure it is leaf spot) According to books spray with fungicide. So many different types of leaf spot. Not sure what to spray with. Books say fungicides containing carbendazim and mancozeb can be used to control certain leaf spots, but unsire if sprays containing these ingredients will be any good on fatsia. Any Ideas?
Old 05-08-2005, 12:10 AM
cineman

Hi,
Is it outdoors? if so possible cause is weather, we have had some days where
it has rained followed by strong sunshine, the raindrops can act as a
magnifying glass which can scorch spots on leaves. Only safeguard is keep
out of direct sunlight.
You could take a look at this site which suggests Fatsia is troubled by red
spider mite
http://the-plant-directory.com/pages/pests.htm

regards
Cineman

--
alison weekes

Old 05-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Aly Aly is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanarkshire, Scotland
Thumbs up

Hi
Thanks for reply. Have moved it into shady border. Will have a look at the suggested web page as well.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineman

Old 05-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from alison weekes contains
these words:

My fatsia japonica has black spots on leaves. (sure it is leaf spot)
According to books spray with fungicide. So many different types of
leaf spot. Not sure what to spray with. Books say fungicides
containing carbendazim and mancozeb can be used to control certain leaf
spots, but unsire if sprays containing these ingredients will be any
good on fatsia. Any Ideas?

Fatsia leaves are so waxy and water repellent, I doubt if fungicides
would penetrate. I just snap off any spoiled leaves (where they join the
trunk), which encourages the plant to make more new ones.

Janet.

Fatsia japonica looking unhealthy Larry Gagnon United Kingdom 3 21-05-2008 01:44 AM
Fatsia Japonica LARGE GOONER United Kingdom 2 03-06-2005 05:30 PM
Fatsia japonica Ornata United Kingdom 8 17-03-2005 09:36 PM
Fatsia Japonica Steve Harris United Kingdom 1 21-12-2003 09:32 AM
Fatsia Japonica looking very poorly Drakanthus United Kingdom 5 13-06-2003 05:56 PM