Old 06-08-2005, 12:31 PM
chaz

Default >>>> fluorescent lighting ???? <<<<<

I have a question about fluorescent lighting.

I have an old school desk that my dad refinished years ago and gave to me.
Its a wonderful old piece of history. I have converted it to holding my
african violets. My question is 2-pronged:

Do ordinary fluorescent lights provide a decent wavelength for plant growth
or only the fluorescent "plant lights"? (the reason i ask is now i can buy
fluorescent "screw in lights" for replacing in a standard lamp, i think.

Is there a tabletop fluorescent lamp I can purchase?

Do incandescent "plant lights" do any good? (it seems like i have read they
dont)

thanks for any advice.

chaz