Old 06-08-2005, 06:23 PM
pammyT

-- "datsy" wrote in message

One whole side of my garden has been taken over by a herbaceous plant,
apparantly starting off with just two clumps given by my neighbour to

the
previous owners a few years ago. In fact, a lot of the gardens here have
this plant and I've seen it at the roadside as well. It's a couple of

feet
tall, with spikes of bright yellow flowers, the flower spikes themselves
being about a foot long. The flowers have five petals and look like

small
yellow stars. It started flowering a few weeks ago and is still going
strong, though some of the earliest ones are now starting to go a bit
brown.
Any ideas?

Yellow loostrife, Lysimachia punctatum? Flowers about 3/4 inch across,
with the petals joined at the bottom so that the flower falls off in one
piece.

That's the one - thank you very much! I've never even heard of this one
before.

I wish I had some of that. I have the pink variety and love it.