Old 07-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Sally Thompson

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 11:42:26 GMT, "H Ryder"
wrote:

Sorry if this seems irrelevant to gardening but it is the garden producing
the problem
I have a garden full of fruit which I'd like to bottle. Someone has lent me
a "device" (urn-type-thing) to do this in but I'm struggling to source some
bottles or jars. Does anyone know where I can get hold of bottles or
preserving jars for this? TIA,

I assume you are talking about actual preserving jars, rather than jam
jars. You can get them from Lakeland Limited:
www.lakelandlimited.co.uk
and this is the particular link (watch the word wrap):
http://www.lakelandlimited.com/is-bi...AADmiC a2gFhP

If the link doesn't work, search for items 3813 or 3814. They do mail
order, and the jars are 6 for £10.75 (half litre) or 6 for £11.95 (1
litre). For bottling fruit, I personally recommend you buy the proper
jars like this rather than use ordinary jam jars, but that's up to you
of course.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church: http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk