Old 07-08-2005, 08:37 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 14:01:28 -0400, "RichToyBox" wrote:

I would not use the iodine but one time. It burns, cauterizes the wound,
and helps the wound to begin to heal. I would continue the use of
antibiotic ointment and wait. Wounds don't heal immediately, they take
time. Keep the fish in the most pristine water you can get, zeros on
ammonia, nitrite, and wait.

Ditto.

Clean wound once, after that you're constantly removing the fish scab and
any new cells that have developed. Injections usually have to be given more
than one time, so many days apart all based on water temperature. Koizyme
in the water would help too, lowers the nasty bacteria levels.

Jugglingeek, are you working with a fishvet or KHA? What are you injecting?
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~