Old 08-08-2005, 06:18 AM
zxcvbob

Tom Jaszewski wrote:
Steve,

We visited Mesa Verde Nat'l Park and many patches of Opuntia. There
appeared to be several species. There were large differences in size
of "pads" and spines, or so it seemed. I've googled this one but can't
find any answers. I don't have any flower picutres since they were all
finished blooming. Ideas?

Thanks,

Tomski

I was at Mesa Verde a few weeks ago. The thing that struck me was that
the burned areas are growing back with canadian thistles instead of
little pinyon pines and juniper trees. There was thistle fluff blowing
around in the air like cottonwood fluff.

All the other national parks with burned areas were growing back in with
little trees.

Best regards,
Bob