Old 02-08-2005, 03:26 AM
Tom Jaszewski

Default cereus

Steve,

We visited Mesa Verde Nat'l Park and many patches of Opuntia. There
appeared to be several species. There were large differences in size
of "pads" and spines, or so it seemed. I've googled this one but can't
find any answers. I don't have any flower picutres since they were all
finished blooming. Ideas?

Thanks,

Tomski
Old 02-08-2005, 06:11 AM
Cereus-validus.......

Boissevain & Davidson reported the same thing back in 1940. Apparently there
is a hybrid swarm involving Opuntia fragilis and other species from the
Opuntia polyacantha complex in the area. Makes one wonder what the native
residents were doing with the native cacti way back then. Too bad you missed
the flowers. Flower are in a wide range of colors from yellow to reddish
purple.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:00 PM
Bourne Identity

Wait a minute, did I die, did a pig fly, is hell frozen, did Jesus
come, is this the end of days?

I am almost crying tears of fag-ism! LOL

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 05:11:36 GMT, "Cereus-validus......."
wrote:

Boissevain & Davidson reported the same thing back in 1940. Apparently there
is a hybrid swarm involving Opuntia fragilis and other species from the
Opuntia polyacantha complex in the area. Makes one wonder what the native
residents were doing with the native cacti way back then. Too bad you missed
the flowers. Flower are in a wide range of colors from yellow to reddish
purple.

.. .

Old 02-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Bourne Identity contains these words:

Wait a minute, did I die, did a pig fly, is hell frozen, did Jesus
come, is this the end of days?

I am almost crying tears of fag-ism! LOL

My jaw dropped too. I don't believe they really exchanged a civil
gardening word; it must have been a mass delusion. Wipe those tears pdq,
before zillions of people call them a sign of the miracle and set off
on a pilgrimage to your holy grotto, which might result in some
trampling of the garden.

Janet

Old 03-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 22:00:08 GMT, Bourne Identity
wrote:

Wait a minute, did I die,

no
did a pig fly,

W is a pilot...
is hell frozen,

there is no hell
did Jesus come,

he didn't have orgasms
is this the end of days?

it is late on Tuesday

Old 03-08-2005, 12:42 AM
Cereus-validus.......

What happened, Bored Idiosyncrasy?

Did you look in a mirror and make it crack?

You should try some buffalo wings with blue cheese and celery.

wrote:

Boissevain & Davidson reported the same thing back in 1940. Apparently
there
is a hybrid swarm involving Opuntia fragilis and other species from the
Opuntia polyacantha complex in the area. Makes one wonder what the native
residents were doing with the native cacti way back then. Too bad you
missed
the flowers. Flower are in a wide range of colors from yellow to reddish
purple.

. ..

Old 03-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Bourne Identity

Oh shush, the both of ya. I never thought I'd see a nice word between
the two of YOOS. Still laughing!

I just finished editing a guide I compiled, so I'm loony and bleary
eyed.

love love

Old 08-08-2005, 05:22 AM
Lady Blacksword

That's it! You hang out at Denny's too much, and their coffee has rotted
thru your stomach, and into your brain..........(Seeing as your head is up
you rear, it's a straight shot.)
Murri
.. .

Old 08-08-2005, 06:18 AM
zxcvbob

Tom Jaszewski wrote:
Steve,

We visited Mesa Verde Nat'l Park and many patches of Opuntia. There
appeared to be several species. There were large differences in size
of "pads" and spines, or so it seemed. I've googled this one but can't
find any answers. I don't have any flower picutres since they were all
finished blooming. Ideas?

Thanks,

Tomski

I was at Mesa Verde a few weeks ago. The thing that struck me was that
the burned areas are growing back with canadian thistles instead of
little pinyon pines and juniper trees. There was thistle fluff blowing
around in the air like cottonwood fluff.

All the other national parks with burned areas were growing back in with
little trees.

Best regards,
Bob
Old 08-08-2005, 07:52 AM
Cereus-validus.......

You're trippin', Lady Gayblade.

I never go to Denny's. I prefer to go to the mall and drink iced tea with
lemon.

news:1123474934.7c5294309f4978d314bbe81c410b12f1@t eranews...

wrote:

Boissevain & Davidson reported the same thing back in 1940. Apparently
there
is a hybrid swarm involving Opuntia fragilis and other species from the
Opuntia polyacantha complex in the area. Makes one wonder what the
native
residents were doing with the native cacti way back then. Too bad you
missed
the flowers. Flower are in a wide range of colors from yellow to reddish
purple.

"Tom Jaszewski" wrote in message
m...
Steve,

We visited Mesa Verde Nat'l Park and many patches of Opuntia. There
appeared to be several species. There were large differences in size
of "pads" and spines, or so it seemed. I've googled this one but can't
find any answers. I don't have any flower picutres since they were all
finished blooming. Ideas?

Thanks,

Tomski

[IMG] code is On

Cereus -- What *is* this weed? Frogleg Gardening 4 06-09-2004 09:50 AM
Cereus-Validus is an offensive troll escapee Gardening 23 15-04-2004 09:02 PM
Cereus question gwayner Plant Science 17 26-04-2003 01:30 PM
Not Cereus peruvianus jc Gardening 1 20-02-2003 03:15 AM
Cereus question gwayner Plant Science 19 19-02-2003 09:38 PM