Old 08-08-2005, 08:19 AM
presley

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
Those are called European or English cukes. (I forget which, but it's
one or the other.) They're parthogenic (or something like that -- they
don't need to be pollinated by insects/wind).

You can buy the seeds through any good seed house. The seed is expensive
and it's worth it.

Sorry I'm being so vague. My hay fever kicked into high gear today and
I'm not a happy girl. We only have another 190 acres of hay to put up
and my meds aren't working. (Yep, I'm whining.)

Jan
59N, 151W USDA Zone 3

--
The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.

I think I have read that these must also be protected from pollination by
bees or other pollinators in order to keep them from developing seeds. Maybe
they are wrapped in floating fabric or something to protect them. Their
whole appeal is in the lack of seeds. I guess some people find that the
seeds are what cause the burpiness cucumbers are famous for.