Old 08-08-2005, 03:18 AM
Richard Holub

Hi Jan,

Here is my correction

One final question: I am using stone dust underneath and around the pipes
leading from the bottom drain to mthe vortex. Anyone ever experience
using
stone dust to fill the bottom of your pond? That is what they use to do
inground pools here in NE.

In the pond or under the liner? I assume this stone dust is a type of
clay?

Stone dust is what remains when they crush stone. The particles are larger
than sand but the powder mixed in, when wet, compacts and turns into a very
hard mass. Not like cement but like hard clay. If struck or shoveled it
will break down to it's original consistency. If used you still need a
underliner. tHIS POWDER IS PLACED IN THE POND, WETTED, COMPACTED AND
COVERED OVER WITH A UNDERLINER PRIOR TO LAYING YOUR RUBBER LINER.

Another thought: what are the chances of the bottom drain
breacking/splitting at the junction between the concrete and stonedust?

Last thought confused me. ~ jan
Prior to filling in my stonedust I powered concrete around my bottom
drain. Then the pipe comes out of the 2x2x2 concrete block and is pitched
down to my vortex tank. This pipe is encased in "stone dust" or sand if
that is what one uses, prior to be covered by underlayment and the rubber
liner.....make sense?

Rich Holub